Italian Nucs Available Now: 5 Frames of Bees, Brood, Honey and a laying, Plain Italian Queen
Italian Nucs hived in early April will be gentle, full strength colonies in time for the Texas Honey Flow!
Please note that nucs are for pick up only, they cannot be shipped via UPS or USPS.
Please note, the Italian queens we sell are produced by Florida and California breeders. These queens are typically available earlier in the spring season than the BeeWeaver queens we produce in Texas. The genetics of the Italian Bees differ from the BeeWeaver Bees. We do suggest either treating your hive for varroa mites in July - August, or requeening with a BeeWeaver queen prior to that time.
- Stronger than cardboard nucs.
- Bees can not chew through the box like they do on cardboard.
- More ventilation than cardboard nucs.
- 3/4" space above and below frames for feeding, medications, queen cages.
- Handholds for easy carrying.
- Easy open/close entrance
- Can be used year after year
- Can be transported in a car