BeeWeaver Apiaries Group Lessons Austin Central Texas Area
Group Beekeeping Lessons at Our Apiaries in Dripping Springs & Navasota.
Advanced and Beginner Group Beekeeping Lessons
Begin Again in March!
Click Here to sign up for our news list to get the latest information.
Beginning Beekeeping - $100 per Student
The Beginning beekeeping classes will be taught by an experienced BeeWeaver beekeeper and focus will be on bee biology and the basic management skills needed for keeping hives healthy and alive.
Advanced Beekeeping - $150 per Student
BeeWeaver’s advanced beekeeping classes are taught by Danny Weaver. Danny is a fourth generation beekeeper with over 4 decades of experience working bees. Danny will go beyond the basic bee biology and management to help more experienced beekeepers learn techniques for hive splitting, re-queening, queen rearing, and more. Advanced beekeeping classes are tailored to the student’s needs and will be hands on learning with over an hour in hives and ample time given to questions/answers.
What: Minimum of 1 hour instruction in our hives, with additional time for questions/answers. With a small group, every student is given a chance to participate, inspect frames of bees, and we personalize each lesson to the group's needs.
- Minimum of 5 people must register for a lesson to take place, and a maximum of 10 people may participate in a group lesson.
- BeeWeaver will provide protective gear if you do not have your own. Please do not bring hive tools, gloves, or smokers to reduce the risk of transferring bee diseases.
- Minimum age is 6, and children under 12 must be accompanied by an adult
- Click on a schedule class below to register and make payment.
- Cancellations within 2 weeks of a lesson date will result in a $50 fee
- Rainout/Weather cancellation Policy: If the weather is not conducive for a bee lesson the student will be notified 24 hours in advance (when possible) and given the opportunity to reschedule on another lesson date.
- Click to review the waiver that you will be asked to agree to upon check out
- The waiver will apply to all participants you register. If the parent or guardian is not present at the lesson, please print the waiver found Here, obtain the signature of the guardian, and bring it to the session.
If you register, please add email@example.com to your address book to ensure that our emails reach your inbox!